Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can i register a boat with just a bill of sale?

I bought a boat from a dealer and accepted delivery from him. I gave him a separate check for the taxes which he was supposed to then register the boat in my name. Turned out the temporary registration he gave me was a fake and now he is in prison for many deals like this. His business is closed and now i have a boat that i cannot register.|||SeattleSailor is being too nice... "discuss your problems with your state registering department" my ash... If I were you I would be at my attorney's office first thing in the morning to make sure I don't get arrested for possession of stolen property.





Then, I would have him take care of getting the title and registration.





If you were in Texas, the TDPS would already have taken possession of the boat in question. In addition, you would probably be out on bail.





Down here... you can steal their car... but you best not mess with their boat or their pickup. lol|||you will need to discuss your problems with your state registering department. bring lots of documentation with you including the facts regarding the case against the seller and his business, your bill of sale, fake registration etc. since fraud was involved by the dealer, there is a chance that the seller did not have ownership of the boat, or that the boat could even be stolen.





hope this works out well for you

No comments:

Post a Comment