Saturday, December 24, 2011

Who is eligable for the $20 billion fund for the oil spill?

I am in the boating business. I sell boats for a living. I am hearing more and more customers saying that they are waiting to buy a new/used boat because of the oil spill. I live on the west central coast of Florida and this oil spill is now hurting my income just like its hurting the gulf coast fisherman. Is any of this $20 billion available for the boat retailers/Sales persons etc. I have been talking with many boat sales persons around the gulf coast and they are all in agreement with this. Please let me know your thoughts.|||You would be eligible if you have a loss of income due to the spill, but the burden of proof would be on you. First, you would have to have have financial statements from previous years documenting an established income higher than you made this year. Then BP will compare your drop in income to the drop in sales in the boating industry in general. We are in a major recession and boats are large discretionary items that get cut from budgets in times of economic trouble. Many of your customers can't afford to buy a boat now but don't want to admit it, so they blame it on the spill. Good luck.|||Probably down the line, when the oil gets to your shore.





Unfortunately, indirect effects don't qualify (ie, people waiting on a payout).


1 month, I'll give it, before you have the sludge on the beach, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment