Saturday, December 24, 2011

Registering boat trailer in my name with bill of sale, no title?

I bought a boat trailer and boat. I have a separate bill of sale for each. I didn't realize there was a separate title for the trailer. Now I don't know how to get the trailer registered in my name. All I have is the old registration and a bill of sale. Any suggestions?|||If your jurisdiction requires a title for a boat trailer and you have no title, then you must go back to your seller and get one. It is HIS responsibility to provide you with one. It is your responsibility to get it from the seller before you fork over the cash. A bill of sale without a title is not worth the paper it is written on.|||I ran into this problem with a 78 camaro , Take your bill of sale and serial number of trailer to your county tax office , You may have to pay the taxes on the trailer for however many years its been since they have been paid but once you do they should allow you to file for a lost title , Worked for me and worth a shot . good luck !





P.S. You may need to go to the tax office in the county the trailer was last registerd .|||some states do it like that call dmv and some will send you a title when you bring from another state


and some have a title for boat the trailer and the motor

No comments:

Post a Comment