Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is the best way to transport a boat from Michigan to Minnesota?

Alright, I found a boat for sale in Michigan and I live in Minnesota. So if I were to purchase this boat, what would be the best and cheapest way to get it to Minnesota? I would put it in a slip on the Mississippi river.





Thanks|||Well, my first thought is hire a truck and trailer and go overland. You will need permits with that big old beam.





But you mentioned water route so here are two I can think of.


1. Up Michigan, thru the Sioux locks, down Superior into Duluth and truck from there. This is if you are in my neck of the woods like Gull, Leech or Winnie.





2. Down Michigan to Chicago, into the Chicago River, up the Illinois, hang a right at the Mississippi up the Mississippi and into downtown St. Paul, or up the St. Croix as needed.





Where you going to keep it? Minnetonka, on the St. Croix somewhere?|||A large trailer and a 3/4 ton pickup%26gt; With 11' beam you might check as some states have weigh restriction and a permit needed%26gt; Or contact a hauling company and get a quote%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment