Friday, December 16, 2011

There is a boat for sale close to where I live. I dont want to get ripped off and Im not sure if its good.?

This is the post from craigslist Im interested in buying this boat but the part about noise and U joints scare me a bit. I dont know anything about boats and dont want to get ripped off.








I have a 1981 Renkin 18ft open bow. It has a 165hp mecruiser. Interior is not perfect but very usable. Here's the deal. I bought the boat with a bad outdrive. I replaced the outdrive and took it out and it has a noise in the outdrive somewhere. Sounds like maybe u-joints but not sure. It ran great. Planed really fast and rides smooth. Might be a easy fix. The motor is very strong. Boat is in good shape for year. Has a cover but not the best. Comes with all safety equipment. Has a nice trailer but one tire will need replaced. New winch and front roller. You might be able to run it and it work fine but don't know how long. LOWERED PRICE!!! Will sell first 800 cash FIRM!|||Sounds like a Nightmare looking for a dreamer. I'd pass on it. Everything points to a hole in the water with no bottom to it.|||in order to understand the cost to repair the boat suggest that you ask the owner to allow you to take the boat to a marine repair shop and have them check out the cost to repair the boat.





hope this helps|||You couldn't PAY me to take that boat from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment